Management liability insurance, which can include Directors & Officers, Employment Practices, Fiduciary, Cyber and Crime, is designed to protect a company, its directors, officers and management from wrongful acts and legal risks that can arise while managing the business.
Management Liability Exposures Can Be Complex
Berkley’s experienced team of professionals can provide customized products recognizing that each business has unique risks. We understand the pressures of managing businesses of all sizes, where failure to comply with various obligations could result in lawsuits and financial harm to your business.
Check out our Berkley Locator to discover which Berkley insurance business may be right for your Management Liability insurance needs.
How Management Liability Coverage Can Protect Your Business
Business of all sizes, whether public, private, or not-for-profit, can face financial losses from wrongful actions by their officers, directors, and their management team. We offer a variety of customized insurance solutions for companies to protect against workplace incidents, employee theft, poor oversight of employee benefits plans, wrongful termination, discrimination, and sexual harassment claims.
Management Liability Coverages typically available:
- Directors & Officers (D&O) – can protect the assets of an organization and its directors and officers from mistakes or wrongful acts in managing the business, including breach of fiduciary duty, misuse of corporate funds and financial misrepresentations.
- Fiduciary Liability - can protect businesses from claims of fraud, dishonesty and mismanagement arising out of their role as a fiduciary for company sponsored employment plans such as retirement and health plans.
- Cyber - can protect against costs associated with a cyber event or a security breach, including forensic investigations, legal and regulatory expenses, and fines.
- Crime - can protect against losses resulting from theft, property destruction, forgery or alteration, embezzlement committed by employees or third parties.
- Employment Practices Liability (EPL) - can protect against employee-related claims such as discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and breach of contract.
- General Partnership Liability – can protect general partners from lawsuits amongst themselves alleging a breach of duty, neglect, or wrongful acts.
- Initial Public Offering Liability – can protect businesses against claims arising from negotiation, discussions and decisions made during an initial public offering.
Find your Berkley solution
Choose an industry and/or product to find the best Berkley solution for your needs. Or click Search to view all Berkley insurance providers.