Equine & Cattle Insurance
Whether you operate a farm, own a prize show or race horse, or raise cattle, animal mortality insurance can help protect your animal investment from death, disease, or theft.
Equine and Cattle Risk Expertise
Berkley’s underwriting specialists take an innovative and collaborative approach to create insurance solutions for the equine and cattle owners and businesses. Our underwriting and claims teams bring industry-leading knowledge and expertise to help protect your valuable investments.
Check out our Berkley Locator to discover which Berkley insurance business may be right for your Equine and Cattle insurance needs.
Protecting Your Equine and Cattle Investment
Our general Equine and Cattle insurance solutions include, but are not limited to:
Equine Mortality – can provide coverage for the death or humane destruction of equine due to accident, illness, disease, or injury. Additional coverages include:
- Veterinarian Services – can cover medical and surgical costs
- Agreed Value - for mortality loss up to 15 years old
- Surgical Coverage – can cover surgical expenses
- Loss of Use – can provide 50% of the insured value of the animal if it becomes totally and permanently unfit for use due to injury, and humane destruction is not warranted
- Stallion Infertility – can provide coverage for total and permanent impotence or infertility as a result of an accident, injury, or disease that occurred and manifested during the policy period.
Cattle Mortality – can provide coverage for the death or humane destruction of cattle due to accident, illness, disease, or injury. Additional coverages include:
- Prospective Calf can provide coverage for:
- Slipped, aborted, absorbed, or stillborn calf during the policy period
- Death or humane destruction of the cow before the calf is born
- Death or humane destruction of calf within 30 days after birth
- Bull Infertility can provide coverage for total and permanent impotence or infertility as a result of an accident, injury, or disease that occurred and manifested during the policy period.
Find your Berkley solution
If you have specific product or industry needs, use the Berkley Locator to find specialized insurance solutions for you.
What Our Customers Say
“I was very fortunate to have Preferred Employers Insurance take over my case. I was at a standstill until their team started handling my situation. The company is great at what they do and anyone else who has the pleasure of working with them will find out the same! Thanks again so very much!”
Waste Water Operator, Planada Community Service District.
“Berkley One has been amazing!!! You have really gone above and beyond for us and made this very annoying accident as easy as possible.”
Client in Illinois.
“I am incredibly pleased with the claim management, guidance, consult calls and quality of service we receive from Midwest Employers Casualty. The team is committed to prompt and efficient service - and is readily available for consult calls. The process is effortless, efficient, seamless and productive.”
Senior Benefits Manager, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
“Our Berkley Environmental Claims Adjustor has been incredibly responsive to us, and has clearly taken the time to research the particulars of this claim. She has contacted and spoken with our client, and has explained to him and to us what she has been able to determine from her thorough research of the information presented so far in this claim. I am thankful that we have a competent, professional, dedicated, and pleasant-to-work-with adjuster in our corner.”
Business Manager, Tech Painting Co.